Thursday, August 20, 2009

the fan


when I was young,
I used to sit in a classroom
which had no aircon
it came only with a ceiling fan

turning and turning

one day when I looked up
the ceiling fan didn't look quite fasten to the ceiling
it swing violently
the only thing that is holding it was the wires
and it looked as if it was going to fall off the ceiling

I was rather terrified
I was afraid it would drop and chop my head off with its crazy swinging out of control blades

It didn't of course

ceiling fans only existed in school and hospitals
not in HDB flats cos the ceiling were just too low for them

when I came to malaysia
I was surprised to find them in houses

Eventually I got a chance to own a house of my own
and I had to make a choice between standing fan or the ceiling fan
the fear of crazy ceiling fan never left me
But they told me the ceiling fan is more effective in cooling room area than standing fan
and they also explained to me that one must fasten a hook on the beam
and the fan will be hooked to the beam hence it is very very safe
I bought the ceiling fan and got some expert to install it

it turns and cools the room
but I still stare at it and take photo of it
becos you just never know...




2 comments:

Dorabie said...

i had that fear too. You are not the only one...hahhaha...That's why i often choose my seat next to the wall in class during my school days. Anyway, the weather been really hot lately. So its pretty common to get fan now...hehehe

hao.zilla is me said...

Take a easy~

but my situation is apposite. At 1st i dun used of living room witout a celling fan, plus here weather is really shiok-ly hot! Swear lik waterfall, haha! yeah!

Btw, so far havent hear any accident abt this, so no worries. It's pretty SAFE.

( [-][-] b