Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How does One Say Goodbye?


Ssh.. don't mention the word.. how could you.
Its so unfair. Have you not think about your parents?
In face of danger, sadness and despair.. sometimes the word 'Die' flash cross my head.
It even stays for while. I shared this thought with my closest ones and it really takes a lot for them to convince me otherwise. I think perhaps God knew, he needs to give me a reminder to stick around, until its due time, so he planted KB and Hay into my system. Just the one thought of them losing their mother is enough to hold me back from thinking further.

Being a Mother is a privilege. 
So how does a mother say goodbye? Angie diagnosed with cancer 3 years ago and when her condition worsened this year. When doctor tells you, you have less than 1 week to live, in times like this how do you say your goodbye? Amidst her pain i.e. jaundice, chemotherapy, swollen legs, blood clots... she planned her exit. She said her goodbyes to friends to her relatives, to her siblings, to her mother, to her husband and then to her young children. She will have to leave knowing that she cannot be there..when they are afraid, when they get hurt, when they fall sick and when they cry.. Now with that in mind, how do you leave with a smile on face?
How can you leave leaving a smile on others faces? 

With all the energy, she has left, she channelled her fears, pains and sorrows, into pride, joy, dignity and optimism. She says life has to carry on, however ways we have been dealt with.
Focus not on the DIE but rather How the Person have LIVED. She celebrates, thank and praise. She comforts the sad and lost.  Again, I cannot understand, why I took on such interest in someone I have never met. But as I looked, I find this lady more amazing. She inspires me and makes me reflect, what would I like out of this life? And like her, how and what I would celebrate for at my departure.  

P.S. RIP Angie.. I dedicate tonight's blog to you, your three children, your husband and your family. Thank You, You have inspired me. 
That day when you arrived at Heaven, I looked up into the sky and it was child like, fluffy clouds... it was... Happy. God bless your children and your husband. 

angiemoments.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

tyan said...

agree, she is....
i read her blog..... she thinks bright n hope....
peace on her....@@)

Dorabie said...

Amen. Once in our office, you announced to get everyone prayed for her. God works in a miracle way. We prayed and through Angie's life, transformed ours. Through her strength and believe, made our company unite as one. Made our heart aware and cleanse away all the hatred and unhappiness. God is working in our business and working in the heart of everyone in Pep Design.