Monday, March 16, 2009

Holiday-Petaling Street





We did it! I suggested a trip to Petaling Street. 
Somewhere with no air con and rows rows of franchise stores.
Ok.. instead we got rows and rows of fake watches and luxury handbags.
The purpose of the trip was to visit KL Commercial bookstore.
A chinese bookstore. soak up some local cultures and flavours.
We ate at the food court behind the street.
we tried everything. Yong Tau Foo is fantastic, Chee Cheong Fun is good, 
Assam Laksa is good too, curry noodle ok, pork ball noodle is pingping.
looking at some of old buildings reminds me of my childhood days.
the building used to looked like this too. I can't say what style are they cos I am not an expert.
I just know the mosaics layout is really familiar. Cannot find them like this is SIngapore anymore
cos they have torn them down and restored them to look different.
I missed them. I missed that feeling. late 70s, 80s and 90s.. 2000s.
I 'll bring my children to places to look at things and experience life in their times.
So that when they grow up, they know exactly what they are looking for. 

No comments: