Monday, March 23, 2009

Tough Situations


In face with tough situations.
I thought my situation is bad. But not that bad yet compared to what some people are facing. Many times, I am consumed by my inner saddness. But when i hear of people going through tougher situations, I sigh a breath of relief.
I heard of a friend of my husband being ill-stricken with cancer, she is fighting for her life even as I am blogging. I heard of a uni friend who passed away recently from nose cancer, I see in the news of the sudden passing of a talented actress from a skiing accident, I heard of a grand auntie who is diagnosed with cancer, I heard of people who is struggling with self worth and loneliness, I know of a friend who is fighting to adjust to a new life, I know of a couple who subject themselves to all kinds of pain just have children. Financial crisis has brought forth more pain among us. And the list goes on.
Life's really tough. I thought my situation is tough, but I really cannot imagine myself lying in the hospital bed fighting... Perhaps when someone saw me years ago will sigh a breath of relief that her children are fine. How difficult can our life situations be, how do we measure? is mine tougher than yours? I cannot understand why some of these things happen? Perhaps we need tough situations to toughen us up. Opposites attracts. Equal amounts of bliss and tribulations in this world. While one is born another dies. While one is smiling another cries. While one enjoy the Sun another feels the cold. Without the opposites, we won't know the value of life because we will have nothing to compare against.
I pray for all who are caught in their lives tough situations, they will find peace. Somewhere out there their stories will be heard and people will learn as a result what to cherish and what to be grateful for.

p.s. Hang on hang on.

No comments: