Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Change


they keep saying the only constant is Change. 
If change is a constant and human by default don't like changes.
Constant = Change and Change = Dislikes
Constant = Dislikes
Hence the equation shows that we will be in a constant mode of dislikes and displeasure.
The weather keeps changing. But we kinda adapt accordingly.
Trends keep changing, and we try desperately to adopt 
Technology keeps changing and we pay a bomb just to keep up
Cannot say that all change are bad then.
perhaps if we get something out of the change and its something desirable then we won;t resist change as much...
I think we get really touchy if someone change something of our creation, something we take ownership of, something which we feel we have put in alot of effort in doing.
Changing it would be seen as a threat, a sign of disrespect hence we will show a lot of resistance.
Like if you were to change the way I write this blog then you will be asking for it.. the same goes for my photo. 
So perhaps, if change is inevitable, then perhaps we should not take so much ownership in things. Make them things of the public... then perhaps when its being changed .. it won't hurt as much.
I blog to help myself tonight.. to talk to myself about issues I face... to explain to myself of why some things happened the way it happened.. 
Perhaps you can share with me your views about change...

4 comments:

tyan said...

for sure change is good for overall, but change without any reason, it is unacceptable. Unexpected change will destroy the foundation, rules etc. We cant follow blind but we are doing the 'blind'.It is a tired change.

diane said...

thank you for sharing tyan. I have a new perspective of change to think about. Good stuff.

tyan said...

u r welcome.... this is me.... maybe i'm the one don't like so much change..... please forgive me that i am so stubborn!

greenhoihoi said...

eh... i am quite use to change at work, from practical training over the years. NOW i have new "CHANGE" training... the kids are changing too fast! it's beyond my expectations! things get out of control, materials needed can't be bought in time... always something is missing. not good enough. by the time i am used to them, they change again... wohwoh woh... life is great. we just have to get through it.